Press Release on Tidal Turbines 31 May 2016
The SBA issues this press release on tidal energy turbines.
World Fishing Network
Video on the Alton Gas storage caverns and our action against it (Start Time: 13:20)
About the SBA
The Striped Bass Association (SBA) was formed on 24 June 2009 (formerly the Striped Bass Angler's Association of Nova Scotia). The SBA is dedicated to raising awareness and helping to conserve striped bass populations, while representing angler's, fisher's, and community views on issues such as fishing permits, population size, recreational fishing, and more. The SBA provides a conduit for information flow with Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) in areas of striped bass regulations, conservation, and sport fishing practices.
The main objectives of SBA are:
1. To develop an association of striped bass anglers, commercial fishers, and community members dedicated to conserving the striped bass population and its habitat in the Maritimes.
2. To provide a forum for members to discuss issues affecting striped bass in the Maritimes.
3. To provide a forum for organized and unified presentations and representation to Fisheries and Oceans Canada.
4. To promote education about the striped bass resource and ethical angling and fishing.
Letters and Press Releases
- SBA Press Release on Tidal TISEC Devices 31May2016.pdf (113.0 KiB)
- SBA_Letter_to_Minister_Miller_etc_20Jan2016.pdf (94.4 KiB)
- SBA_Letter_to_NS_Energy_Minister_Tidal_TISEC_Devices_8May2015.pdf (197.1 KiB)
- SBA_Press_Release_on_Tidal_TISEC_Devices_11Aug2015.pdf (261.4 KiB)
- SBA_Press_Release_Opposition_to_Alton_Gas_24Oct2014.pdf (17.2 KiB)
(This website is generously hosted by Acadia University.)